Advertisement

  • I Just Like Power Rangers..


    originally posted May 24, 2007
    By NinjaJack
    Yeah thats right


    I`m not going to be going to Power Morphicon in person but I will be there in spirit. I've followed this series ever since High Five and never let go mystic force since. This little 20 minute program has taught that right is always right and true evil must be destroyed and dealt with.
    And that sometimes this isn't always the case. Sometimes things do go bad and people do get hurt. Sometimes your friends turn their backs on you and at some point we've all walked down the wrong path in life.


    This show is one of the few programs I can watch and sincerely enjoy day after day and come away feeling excited for the next episode. I`m just glad NBC finally figured out having superheroes on the front lines means big business.

    I just read an article in one of the major business magazines detailings Marvel's entry into the movie business and how they are banking on the success of these movies on the heroes themselves. If they fail than Marvel wil be bought out. They're doing this on the basis of Marvel as a brand. They know people will go watch a movie about a Marvel hero because people generally love these guys.


    You see the very reason any hero connects with it's audience isn`t just their plights and how they survive them. It's the things that make them human and therefore connect with the audiences.

    Last night I was in the Star Wars section at Wal-Mart, and I talked to a fellow Star Wars geek for about an hour about science fiction. When Power Rangers came up I told about Countdown to Destruction and Force From The Future and he was pretty impressed. Not so much of the brand but because of the characters humanity.

    Thats why I like PR, it has a level of child like innocence mixed in with a very human nature to all the chracters. I think that's why alot of us hated on Kimberly after seeing what that letter did to Tommy. How many of us felt a bit cheeted ourselves when Dustin found out Marah was a sham?

    Power Rangers are human heroes who will be your guides through many exciting adventures, it's been 15 years and I still enjoy the ride

0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Article Photos